Parents, caddies and spectators are asked to abide by the general etiquette of golf and applaud good shots of all players and refrain from comments on any others. Encouragement of all players is in the best interest of junior golf and must be adhered to at all times.
1. Players are permitted to have a caddy throughout all qualifying series events and the National Final. A caddy must use a pull cart or carry the player’s clubs. Riding in a cart as a caddy is not permitted.
2. Motorised push carts are permitted.
3. Advice is considered any verbal comment or action that is intended to influence you or another player in choosing a club, making a stroke, or deciding how to play during a hole or round. In addition, any conversation between player/spectator may be construed as advice. This includes any conversation between player/spectator in their native language. In either instance, penalty for breach of this rule is two strokes. Players are responsible for the actions of their relatives and spectators in regards to this rule.
4. Keeping the above statement in mind, please keep your conversation with the player to words of encouragement as long as advice is not given.
5. Spectators attend JUNIOR 6s events at their own risk.
6. Please silence your mobile phone while at JUNIOR 6s events or abide by the Host Facilities policy, whichever is more strict. Phones may be used for scoring purposes if you have a direct relationship with the group you are following and no player has access to a phone or data to keep live scores up to date.
7. The JUNIOR 6s allows spectator carts dependant on availability at each venue. Carts are to be booked directly through the host venue and must not be driven on the fairway at any stage.
8. Players and spectators are not permitted to ride on the back of a golf cart at any time during JUNIOR 6s competitions.
9. Spectators should stay on cart paths. In the absence of cart paths, we ask that spectators stay in the rough. Please stay off fairways, tees and greens.
10. Spectators should stay one shot ahead of the group they are following. This allows spectators to follow errant shots and help identify where the ball comes to rest. Spectators are allowed to help in the search for lost golf balls.
11. Spectators MUST NOT give rulings. Please seek a JUNIOR 6s rules official if the need arises. At the National Final, Golf NSW Rules Officials will be in attendance and are the only source for rulings.
12. Spectators are allowed to carry medicine, drinks, food, umbrellas, etc.
13. Failure to abide by guidelines outlined above may result in the removal of person/s from the golf course during play.